Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

"I Have a Dream..."

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everybody!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day off.... This is my last free day until the Spring Semester begins so I am doing a few things of self enjoyment today! I slept in, did a little shopping, dyed my hair, painted my nails, and baked - my idea of a fantastic day.



In the spirit of things, I wanted to encourage my readers to follow AND achieve their dreams. Dreams are made up of a bunch of little achievements along the way and that's a big stepping stone that a lot of people do not see. Everyday should include goals, goals lead to dreams. 

Here are a few tips to getting things accomplished, day by day.

1. Set 3 goals per day
Yep, just 3! Make that list and carry it around with you until you complete it. Draw boxes by each goal so you can officially check each goal off, feeling accomplished. After you complete three, make three more. 

2. Stay off social media
Now, I am not at all saying I am a rockstar at these tips. In fact this one happens to be a big weakness of mine yet a long-term goal for 2014. Social media has a way of sucking the life right out of you. It is, in my opinion, the biggest distraction for getting things accomplished. Place your phone on its charger, in a separate room, out of your sight, and on silent.

3. Schedule brain breaks
This is a new one for me but it really works. Set your timer for 25-30 minutes and focus only on a specific task, this really helps the brain focus and be present. Then take a 10 minute break as a reward for hard work. Be productive during your breaks as well - not just checking your phone. Do some yoga, organize your desk, or paint your nails. 

4.Reward yourself
Rewards are not just for kids! Everyone is well deserving. PLUS it's a good system to keep yourself motivated. If you complete all your goals for that day, go get a smoothie, set on your back porch, or get crafty. Rewards can come big or small.

5. Know yourself
You have all your goals written down, right? Go back and admire your accomplishments, big and small. Being able to look back and actually see the work you have done is a reward within itself. 


I think the biggest step to reaching your dreams is recognizing the true possibility of anything being achievable. Once you realize anything is possible, that's when dreams are achieved. 

I'll leave you with a wonderful quote by the inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. himself...


"If you can't fly, then run;
If you can't run, then walk;
If you can't walk, then crawl;
but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward"

-MLK jr.

Nail Color: Maybelline NY "Green With Envy" #320
Hair Color: John Frieda 3VR, Deep Cherry Brown
Recipe: Banana Bread, Pioneer Woman
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/08/just-a-recipe-banana-bread/ 


.......................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment